1/27/07

Stripes

You take to give,
murder to live

you changed, you changed, you changed...
you couldn't help it.

Wouldn't look back
until it was way to soon,

hid your spare change
in the corner of her room.

So arrogantly
you mocked
all the eyes
you were given,

laughing to the dust
about all that was never,
shouldn't and isn't.

You
take to give,

murder to live,

you
changed,
changed,
changed

how could you help it?

And how many
slid down
the throat
before you?

And how many
jumped
into the fire
that you knew
could never
burn you?

You learned too early
to swim in
the leaves
collecting outside
your autumn window,

you showed everyone
your empty nerve endings,

but no one believed you...

It takes to live,

still

I keep murdering to give

I changed, I changed, I changed...
I never could help it.

L.A. - 1/26/07